Terms of Service
Terms of Service
Please note, this is a summary of the Terms of Service. A full version of the Terms of Service will be provided prior to booking service.
- The Client must be the legal owner the pet(s).
- A minimum of a 2 day notice is requested for all service requests when possible.
- The Client is responsible for pet-proofing the house, the yard, and ensuring the security of fences/gates/latches.
- The Client is responsible for providing the supplies needed for care of the pet(s).
- All pets must be current, and kept current, on rabies vaccinations.
- Lake Cities Pet Sitting must be authorized to seek vet care if needed.
- Lake Cities Pet Sitting is not responsible for damage to the home beyond the control of the Pet Sitter. This includes, but is not limited to leaks, electrical problems, and acts of nature.
- Lake Cities Pet Sitting is not responsible for any damage to property of the client or others unless such damage is caused by the negligent act of the Pet Sitter.
- The Client must notify Lake Cities Pet Sitting of everyone who has been granted access to the home. Due to liability issues we are unable to accept pet sitting jobs ‘shared’ with anyone, including client’s family, friends and neighbors. Lake Cities Pet Sitting accepts no responsibility for loss or damage if other individuals have access to a Client’s home, or if the home is not properly secured (e.g. keys left outside).
- Lake Cities Pet Sitting is not liable for any loss or damage in the event of burglary or other crimes. The Client agrees to secure home prior to leaving the premises. The Pet Sitter will attempt to re-secure the home to client instructions at the end of each visit.
- It is suggested that arrangements be made with someone to evacuate your pets in case of a disaster or weather related event or crisis. Lake Cities Pet Sitting will try to see to your pets safety/care should such events occur, but cannot guarantee it.
- Lake Cities Pet Sitting is not responsible for unhealthy plants. The Pet Sitter will work hard to follow your plant care directions as precisely as possible.
- Lake Cities Pet Sitting may use their discretion to stop service if a pet poses a danger to his/herself, other pets, other people, or the Pet Sitter.
- The Client will be responsible for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to any person or animal caused by the pet(s).
- Lake Cities Pet Sitting reserves the right to refuse service.
- Reservations are not held until 50% of payment in is received or special arrangements are agreed upon by both parties in writing.
- A $5 per week late charge will be assessed to service that is not paid in full within 7 days of the end of service.
- There will be a $20 service charge for each returned check.
- Cancellation Charge Schedule (% applies to entire service period total):
0 – 48 hours prior to any service, 50% of payment is charged (50% refund)
2 – 7 days prior to service: 20% of service total is due (equals an 80% refund)
8 days prior to service or more: No charge, refund in full.
- The Client must contact Lake Cities Pet Sitting upon return. If the Pet Sitter does not hear from the Client they will assume that travel took longer than expected and will continue visits, which will be billed to the Client. Unplanned visits will be billed at the quoted visit rate plus an additional $5 per visit.
Reservations are made to plan sitter availability to clients. Therefore, clients returning home early will be required to pay for the reserved amount of time scheduled.
Two forms of access to the home must be provided, at least one of which must be key access. A second access method ensures your pet receives uninterrupted care in the event your primary sitter has an emergency or is locked out of your home. Lake Cities Pet Sitting will place an identifying code on keys. Keys will not be marked with your name or address. If you live in a gated community, we require a gate code. We will not call someone to gain entry at every visit.
Acceptable forms of home access include:
- Two keys. Keys can be kept on file, returned (additional charge), or kept in a lock box. If given only one key, we will make a copy (at our expense) with your permission. For the security of your home and the safety of your pets, leaving keys hidden outside is not recommended. We may refuse service to those who wish to leave keys hidden outside.
- A key and a garage door code. Since garage doors can fail to open during power outages, Lake Cities Pet Sitting requires keys in addition to garage codes.
- Door codes (for those who have keypad door locks) and a key. Keypads can fail, so a key is required as a backup.
Lake Cities Pet Sitting will not leave keys locked inside a home. If additional visits are needed due to delays in travel, Lake Cities Pet Sitting will need access to the home.