Why hire a professional pet sitter?
If you’re planning a trip or work long hours and can’t take your pets with you, consider hiring a professional pet-sitter to care for your loved ones in your home.
Benefits to your pets:
- The ability to stay at home in their safe, secure, and familiar environment
- Pets’ customary routine and diet will be followed
- No stress of traveling to and staying in an unfamiliar place with other animals
- Pets’ exposure to illness from other animals is minimized
- Pets will receive loving individual attention
- Pets who are not normally caged will not be caged
Benefits to you:
- Happier friends, family and neighbors, who aren’t burdened with caring for your pets
- Peace of mind knowing that your pets are being cared for by a professional who loves pets
- Your newspaper and mail will be brought in so that potential burglars don’t know you’re away
- Your home is more secure with someone checking in daily
- Your plants will be watered
Why should you only use a professional pet sitter?
As the pet-care industry grows, it is important that pet owners are more careful than ever when selecting a pet sitter. Not all pet sitters are created equal, nor are they all professional. In hiring a pet sitter, it is important to make sure you have chosen the right person to care for your beloved pets.
As more and more online pet sitter directories become available, it is important to research any website you are considering using to find a pet sitter and pay special attention to the service providers listed.
Consider these questions when seeking a pet sitter through a directory listing website:
- Does the website have requirements for listing?
- Are the service providers listed professional businesses or does the site accept listings from children, hobbyist and other non-professional sitters?
- Are the ‘pet sitters’ listed insured by a company specializing in pet sitting insurance?
- Do the ‘pet sitters’ who board in their homes have permits from their city of residence allowing them to board pets in their home (most cities require permits)?
Consider the following when hiring a pet sitter:
It’s important to learn all you can about a pet sitter’s qualifications and services. Before selecting a pet sitter, meet the pet sitter at your home and allow your pets to interact with the sitter.
- Can the pet sitter provide proof of insurance?
- Does the pet sitter have experience with pets other than his/her own personal pets?
- Does the pet sitter record notes about your pets — such as behavior, habits, medical conditions, medications, and routines?
- Will related services such as dog walking, plant watering and bringing in the mail be provided? Will it be an additional fee for those services?
- Will the pet sitter provide a written service contract?
- Does the pet sitter require a vet release to be signed so that he/she has authorization to seek medical care for your pets if needed?
- If the pet sitter provides overnight services, what are the specific times he/she agrees to be with your pets?
Lake Cities Pet Sitting provides your dog, cat, and/or other pets the care they need while you’re away – right in your own home. Lake Cities Pet Sitting truly loves animals. You are assured reliable and responsible service.